Center for Military History of Belarus
History of the department
|•1957||— Division of the History of the Partisan Movement;|
|•1965||— Division of the Great Patriotic War and the Partisan Movement;|
|•1991||— Department of Military History of Belarus of the Soviet period;|
|•2005||— Department of Military History and Interstate Relations;|
01 January 2016 — Department of the military history of Belarus in the composition
CENTER FOR MODERN AND CONTEMPORARY HISTORY OF BELARUS
Kontakt: Institute of History of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus,
220072, Minsk, str. Akademicheskaya, 1, room. 203.
Phone: +37517-378-24-21 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of the department:
Doctor Hist. Sc., Professor Litvin Aliaksey Mihailavich
The staff members of the department include:
– Mihail M. Smolyaninov, PhD, leading researcher, assistant professor;
– Anatoliy A. Krivorot, PhD., leading researcher, assistant professor;
– Elena G. Daschkewich, PhD, senior researcher, assistant professor;
– Alexandra V. Kuznetsova-Timonova, PhD, senior researcher;
– Irina Yu. Voronkova, senior researcher.
– Dzmitry G. Kienka, researcher.
The main directions of scien-tific research of the department:
- • political and socio-economic aspects of the wars of late 18th — 20th centuries;
- • study of the Belarusians participation in wars and local armed conl icts at the end of 18th – 20th centuries;
- • military science and military construction in Belarus in late 18th — beginning of 21st centuries;
- • Belarus during the First World War and the Great Patriotic War;
- • national and foreign historiography of the military history of Belarus.
The overall subject of research work in 2016—2020:
«Belarus in the Historical Process at the End of 17th — Beginning of 21st century: Military Construction, Participation in Wars and Military Conflicts».
The major results of scientii c research of the department:
- • complex national and foreign documentary and historiographical sources, reflecting the scale and the degree of participation of the Belarusians and natives of Belarus in the wars and conflicts of the 20th century are identified and characterized;
- • the front-line fighting during the First World War in the territory of Belarus is examined;
- • the interaction of the Belarusian partisans and the Red Army, their influence on the course of hostilities during the Stalingrad and Kursk battles, as well as before and during the Belarusian strategic of ensive operation «Bagration» are shown;
- • the impact of disasters on the military development of the Belarusian statehood, the place and role of Belarus in the international relations of 20th century are determined
The most important results of the department:
- Освобождение Беларуси. 1943—1944 / редкол. И.И. Басик, А.А. Каваленя [и др.]. — Минск: Беларус. навука, 2014. — 944 с.
- Смольянинов М. М. Беларусь в Первой мировой войне 1914–1918 гг. — Минск: Беларус. навука, 2014. — 317 с.
- Воронкова И.Ю. Военные конфликты на Дальнем Востоке и Беларусь: 1921–1941 гг. — Минск, 2015. — 300 с.
- Крыварот А.А. Узаемадзеянне партызанскіх фарміраванняў Беларусі і Расіі ў гады Вялікай Айчыннай вайны. — Минск: Беларус. навука, 2015. — 239 с.
- Этот день мы приближали, как могли…: материалы Междунар. науч.-практ. конф., посвящ. 70-летию Победы в Великой Отечественной войне и окончания Второй мировой войны (Минск, 7—8 мая 2015 г.). В 2 ч. / редкол.: В.Г. Гусаков (гл. ред.) и др. — Минск: Беларус. навука, 2016. — 517 с.