Department of Anthropology
In the composition Center Of Special Historical Sciences And Anthropology
The department was formed in in 1990 as a part of the Institute of Arts, Ethnography and Folklore named at er K. Krapiva of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus; in 2008 it became a part of the Institute of History of NAS of Belarus.
Kontakt: Institute of History of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, 220072, Minsk,
str. Akademicheskaya, 1, room. 213.
Head of the department:
Candidate of Historical Sciences, Associate Professor Volha U. Marfina
|The staff members of the department include:
– Inessa I. Salivon, Doctor, chief researcher;
– Natalya I. Polina, PhD, senior researcher;
– Tatyana L. Hurbo, PhD, senior researcher;
– Mikalai M. Pamazanau, researcher;
|– Yuliya V. Boom, junior researcher;|
– Uladzislau S. Krumpleuski, junior researcher;
– Uladzimir A. Shypila, junior researcher;
– Leanid P. Yashenka, senior assistant.
– Alena Kasparava being taught as a postgraduate student of the department.
– Anatoly Gerasevich doctoral candidate
The main directions of scien-tific research of the department:
- • polyanthropological study of the features of physical type of the population in the territory of Belarus in dif erent historical periods;
- • formation of a collection from craniological and asteological materials, which includes new i ndings from archaeological sites, in order to clarify anthropological characteristics of individual regional groups and local specii city of morphological changes in the types over time;
- • comprehensive monitoring of changes of the basic morphological and functional parameters of physical development in modern children, adolescents and young people of Belarus over time as a basis for development of the standards of physical development in order to protect health and use in ergonomics.
The overall subject of research work in 2016–2020:
«The formation of the physical type of the Belarusians in the process of changes of socio-economic conditions (11th – the beginning of 21st century)»
The major results of scientii c research of the department:
- • the local anthropological features of groups of populations, who lived in the territory of Belarus during the last millennium, were identified, the changes over time of the structural parameters of the skull and postcraniological skeleton among generations of the Belarusians on the cusp of the 19th and 20th centuries were found out;
- • a computer database of craniological and asteological indicators of the population of 18th
–19th centuries was created, which made it possible to use it for the analysis of changes of these indicators over time;
- • on the basis of plastic facial reconstruction of the skull the restoration of the external appearance of the people, who lived in the territory of our country in dif erent historical periods, was carried out;
- • the comparison of anthropological indicators of the development of children and adolescents from different regions of Belarus in Chernobyl (1970–1986) and Postchernobyl (1990 – the beginning of 2000) periods was made, which identified the direction of change in the distribution of functional and morphological characters under the influence of natural, anthropomorphic and socioeconomic factors;
- • a new method of identifying variants of body structure based on the most informative anthropometric indicators was developed and put into practice.
The most important results of the department are reflected in a number of fundamental scientific works:
- Тегако Л.И., Марфина О.В., Скриган Г.В., Емельянчик О.А. Динамика адаптивной изменчивости населения Беларуси. – Минск: Беларус. навука, 2013. – 303 с.
- Саливон И.И., Марфина О.В. Физический тип древнего населения Беларуси. – Минск, 2013. – 137 с.
- Марфина, О.В. История антропологических исследований в Беларуси. – Минск: Беларус. навука, 2015. – 405 с.
- Палеоантропология Беларуси / И.И. Саливон [и др.]; науч. ред. И.И. Саливон, С.В. Васильев. – Минск: Беларус. навука, 2015. – 369 с.
- Антропология Беларуси в исследованиях конца XIX – середины XX в. / сост.: О.В. Марфина [и др.]. – Минск: Бел. навука, 2017. – 455 с.