Head of center — Candidate of Historical Sciences Irina Zhilinskaya.
Tel.: (+375 17) 378-27-05, (+375 17) 379-22-35; e-mail: email@example.com
It was created in September 2014 as the Center for the History of Geopolitics, renamed in 2021.
Kontakt: Institute of History of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, 220072, Minsk, str. Akademicheskaya, 1, room. 214, 224, 228.
The other staff of the Center include:
– Alexander A. Kovalenya, chief researcher, Academician of the NASB, Dr hab in history, professor;
– Vyacheslav G. Shumilov, leading researcher, PhD in military;
– Andrej A. Valodzkin, senior researcher, PhD;
– Alexandr G. Tsimbal, senior researcher, PhD (0.5 rates);
– Olga N. Borovskaya, senior researcher, PhD;
– Liliya M. Mantsevich, researcher;
– Anton Y. Sinkaviec, researcher;
– Sergey S. Zlobin, researcher;
– Kiryl A. Latysheu, researcher;
– Vladimir A. Kravchenko, junior researcher;
– Aliaksandra V. Danilovich, junior researcher.
The research workers study the role and position of Belarus in geopolitical processes of East-Central and Northern Europe, accumulate, classify and analyze the information on the major events and phenomena which have a profound influence on the nature of international relations as well as make prognosis of the geopolitical trends in the region. The Center actively cooperates with foreign partner organizations in the framework of studies of Belarus participation in the system of international relations and international organizations functioning in ХХ — beginning of ХХI centuries.
The most important results of research activities of the Center:
- • investigation of the issues of the national interests of the Republic of Belarus formation and ways of their realization;
- • complex analysis of the Belarusian-Lithuanian relations development and of the main trends and directions of the regional cooperation in the context of ongoing Euro-Atlantic integration;
- • revealing some of the controversial issues in the history of the Belarusian-Polish relations in 20th — 21st;
- • identifying the main trends and prospects of inter-state and international cooperation development of the Republic of Belarus with the countries of the Visegrad Group in the context of building a «neighborhood area»;
- • elaborating the methodology and the scheme of national-cultural associations of the Belarusian diaspora in the world.
The major results of the Centre research work are presented in a number of collective and individual monographs:
- Рижский мир в судьбе белорусского народа, 1921–1953 гг. В 2 кн. / Нац. акад. наук Беларуси, Ин-т истории. — Минск: Беларус. навука, 2014. — Кн. 1. — 593 с.
- Володькин А.А. Интеграция Латвии, Литвы и Эстонии в ЕС и НАТО (1991–2014 гг.) / А.А. Володькин. — Минск: Беларуская навука, 2016. — 212 с.
- Цымбал А.Г. Праваслаўная царква ў Заходняй Беларусі (1921–1939). — Мінск: МДЛУ, 2016. — 124 с.