Department Of The History Of Belarus In Modern Times
In the composition Center for Modern and Contemporary History of Belarus
The department was formed in 01 January 2016.
His story began in November 2005 as
a department of the history of the Belarusian statehood.
Kontakt: Institute of History of the National Academy of
Sciences of Belarus,
220072, Minsk, str. Akademicheskaya, 1, room. 230
Head of the department:
Cand. Hist. Sc. Andrei U. Unuchak, PhD
The staff members of the department include:
– Alena M. Filatava, PhD, leading researcher;
– Natallia V. Anofranka, PhD, senior researcher;
– Natallia E. Novik, PhD, senior researcher;
– Kiryl D. Hancharenka, secretary.
The main directions of scien-tific research of the department:
• analysis of the state-legal status of the Belarusian lands within the Russian Empire;
• comparative analysis of the factors of strategies of the national-building processes in Belarus in the late 18th — early 20th centuries;
• identii cation and research on the main trends of political, socio-economic and religious development of Belarus in the late 18th — early 20th centuries;
• study of the development of multinational and multi-religious culture of Belarusian lands in the context of the national policy of the Russian Empire government.
The overall subject of research work in 2016-2020:
«Belarus in the Historical Process of Socio-Economic Transformation and Socio-Cultural Changes (late 18th – early 20th centuries)».
The major results of scientii c research of the department:
- • the main goal of the Russian government, which it sought to achieve in its policy regarding the Belarusian lands, was the integration of Belarus into Russian political organism;
- • practically every social, confessional, cultural issue in the relations of the society of the Belarusian lands with the authorities of the Russian Empire had a political dimension, since in one way or another it af ected the issue of statehood;
- • the periodization of political evolution on Belarusian lands within the Russian Empire include 3 stages in which one or another political situation prevailed. 1. Prevalence on the Belarusian lands of elements of the political system of the former Commonwealth over Russian (from the end of the 18th century to 1831); 2. Functioning of the «prolonged state of emergency», the purpose of which was the eradication of the elements of the political system of the former Commonwealth from the public life of the Belarusian lands and their full integration into the Russian political space (from the 1830s to the beginning of the 1905 revolution with a break for 1856–1861 years); 3. Prevalence of elements of the Russian political system from 1905 to 1914.
The most important results of the department are reflected in a number of articles, as well as in monographs:
- Паўстанне 1863–1864 гг. у Польшчы, Беларусі, Літве і Украіне: гісторыя і памяць: зб. навук. арт. / уклад.: В.В. Яноўская, А.У. Унучак, А.Э. Фірыновіч; рэдкал.: А.А. Каваленя [і інш.]; Нац. акад. навук Беларусі, Ін-т гісторыі. – Мінск: Беларус. навука, 2014. – 427,  с.
- Анофранка Н.В. Дваранкі беларуска-літоўскіх губерняў у канцы XVIII — першай палове ХІХ ст. – Мінск: Беларус. навука, 2016. — 219 с.
- Филатова Е.Н. Конфессиональная политика царского правительства в Беларуси. 1772–1860 гг.
- Беларусь, Нясвіжскі край і Эдвард Вайніловіч матэрыялы навук.-практ. канф., г. Нясвіж, 26 жніўня 2016 г. / Інстытут гісторыі НАН Беларусі; рэдкал.: А.А.Каваленя [і інш.]. — Мінск: Медысонт, 2016. — 244 с. — (Серыя «Беларусь і Эдвард Вайніловіч»)
- Грамадска-палітычнае жыццё ў Беларусі, 1772–1917 гг. / А. У. Унучак [і інш.]; рэдкал.: В. В. Даніловіч (гал. рэд.) [і інш.] ; Нац. акад. навук Беларусі, Ін-т гісторыі. — Мінск: Беларуская навука, 2018. — 573 с.